Emberwood don't you worry you little flame
Pledged
Party City
hi im baby
225 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He tried not to think of the worst, really — what good would that do? But Everett, recently acting very strangely, had disappeared along with one of the squeakers. Was she with him? Would he hurt her?

He stopped asking himself these questions. Wondering wouldn't change the outcome.

"Well," he said, forcing himself back into calm — "Well, I'll go look for her," he said, looking between Reverie and Blossom. He pointedly did not look at the two little girls. He pointedly did not think about how he'd trade both of them to get Foxglove back, and that was why you didn't name your kids until they were too big to be eaten. Because a parent ought to be looking out for the majority. Sacrifice the few to save the many, not the other way around. He felt an upwelling of resentment in his throat, but he knew it was premature grief and not real anger.

"I've got a nose, anyway," he said, meaning that he was as good a tracker as one could hope. "So I'll go find her. Alright?"
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Messages In This Thread
don't you worry you little flame - by Dusty Rose - May 06, 2024, 07:08 PM
RE: don't you worry you little flame - by Reverie - May 06, 2024, 09:08 PM
RE: don't you worry you little flame - by Dusty Rose - May 06, 2024, 09:41 PM
RE: don't you worry you little flame - by Reverie - May 07, 2024, 09:19 AM
RE: don't you worry you little flame - by Dusty Rose - May 09, 2024, 08:55 PM