Valley of Gold [m] I need not one thing more
hi im baby
225 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He held her close. As soon as he knew it was a man, he knew what this was about. He had wondered ever since Everett had upset her so much — not that she'd needed a history to be upset, but he'd known then that there was something more to the story.

He was sad for that past Reverie, who he loved now because he loved the version of her currently in his arms. Just like he loved the future Reverie. He was sad and he was angry for her, and he was disgusted by the man and the actions that he'd taken.

But it was all a little muted. Already in the past. He was calm and even-minded while he listened — not unaffected, but as unflappable as ever. And he was quiet, for a time, even after she was done. What he said was,

"I'm gonna treat you right, okay?" He didn't need her to answer; he knew she knew this, but he felt compelled to say it anyway. "And we're gonna take care of each other. And no one else matters. Just you and me and our family. So if anyone ever touches you again, it's gonna be a fight. It's gonna be teeth and blood, but we're gonna get 'em in the end and say good riddance. No one you love is ever gonna hurt you again."

He wasn't sure if that was what had most upset her — but it was what had most upset him.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Messages In This Thread
[m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 22, 2024, 08:18 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 22, 2024, 08:56 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 22, 2024, 09:11 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 22, 2024, 10:31 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 03:56 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 04:42 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 07:43 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 08:11 PM