Sky Mesa silk & stone
Muat-riya
Mazoi
There is always unintended consequences
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya studied her father. There was a difference to his bearing and his voice. Things he taught her to look for. Something bad was coming. And she felt her shoulders tighten in anticipation.

She saw the pack and stared. This was more than a one day stay. What was happening?

When her father bent to her level, something in her chest tightened and hurt. If she hadn't done anything wrong, why did it feel like it? Was it because she had talked to someone? She had only been being nice. Was it because she was mean to Tiye, was she truly her father's favorite child? Was this her punishment? Because she had been mean?

Then the words came. Soto. She had only talked to him, and even that was not something she had done a lot of. The man couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand him.

Her small lip trembled. But she bit it hard. So hard in fact that blood came. She lowered her eyes. 

A small nod of understanding. Even if she didn't understand. I was only nice to him baba.

She took a deep breath and another. Steeled her spine. Painfully aware that all eyes were on her, and she was close to breaking. 

She took another breath and leaned forward to lean her forehead against his. I'm sorry that I was nice, papa.
Messages In This Thread
silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 09, 2024, 04:45 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 09, 2024, 05:19 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 07:46 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 08:13 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 10, 2024, 10:32 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 03:07 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 01:54 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 13, 2024, 12:53 PM