Bearclaw Valley Pack your bags.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The moment Scarlett bared her teeth at him, the Inuit returned the gesture, ears folding back as he did so. It was a natural reaction, driven by instincts alone. She’d threatened him, and so his body had been quick to threaten her back. Even after he noticed he’d done it, he did not change his posture. His head had lowered defensively, and the fur alone his back had bristled. Kove was not, naturally, an overly muscular wolf. He was large, height wise, but he was not a brute. Even so, there so no doubt he towered over the albino, even with his head lowered at an odd angle. Her words came out in a snarl, causing a low growl to start growing in the back of his throat, warning her. He knew that her fighting skills were nonexistent, and also had a feeling things wouldn’t escalate that far. On the off chance they did, however, his mind started fabricating a plan to subdue her, similar to the way his brain would concoct strategies during a hunt. “I am their father, not some lowly donor,” he retorted, spitting the last word out with an obvious tone of disgust. Of course, he had nothing against donors if there was a reasoning behind why the male of a relationship could not provide, but he did not appreciate being referred to as one. Especially not in front of his children. “I’m not going to let you force them away. Even though you’re their mother, that doesn’t mean you’re any more entitled to custody over them than I am.” He wasn’t going to let her take them. He wasn’t going to allow her to prevent him from seeing his kids.

“Just because you haven’t seen me, doesn’t mean I haven’t been around.” By then, Kove had forced himself to calm down, not wishing to strike fear into the four whelps. Though he was no longer flashing his cuspids in her direction, his ears were still flat and the fur along his back rigid. At the mention of his “resurrected family member”, however, he almost reverted back to his previous posture. It took all of the willpower he could muster up to prevent himself from lunging forward right then and there. “That family member was my sister. Unlike you, my family actually loves me. We look out for one another, and care for one another. So when I heard a sister I thought had died long ago was actually still alive, did you really expect me not to head home and see for myself? My family never viewed me as a monster, Scarlett. They actually care for me, and I will return that care until the day I die.” He had attempted to refrain from bringing up her past, but her treating his visit home like it was some vile act all but forced the words out of his mouth. “From what I saw when I got back, it wasn’t like you needed me anyways. You had Raziel, in case you’ve forgotten. I left knowing you and my children would be safe. Had I detected the slightest hint of danger, I would not have gone.” He wouldn’t have been able to. Even though his children had still resided within the womb at the time, he had quickly developed a fondness for them. They were his family, and he loved them. “If they want to come with me, I will take them wherever I go. You have no say in that. Blackfeather is not the ghastly place you make it out to be. The wolves there have different views than what you’re use to, but they would never harm one of their own.”
Messages In This Thread
Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 05:23 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Xan - September 24, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by RIP Valette - September 24, 2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Xan - September 24, 2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Kove - September 24, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by Scarlett - September 24, 2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Pack your bags. - by RIP Valette - September 24, 2015, 05:55 PM