Sleeping Dragon vikings attack paris
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
I'm editing a small conclusion on this so that it can be archived.

Gyda was contented with the natural silence that enveloped them as they patrolled, blurring the lines between alpha and subordinate. Here, on the borders, she was another pack mate, looking to protect her pack from the dangers and unsavory beasts that lurked outside the sanctuary of their claim. Gyda would give her life for any one of them without so much as a second thought and yet she wondered if there were others that would do the same. This wasn't to claim that the shield-maiden was selfless because it was actually quite the opposite: she tended to err to the side of selfishness in a lot of cases. As in the case with Ragnar's priestess wife. Gyda could pretty it up how she wanted: and in some ways she had went with Nerian to keep her safe, because the Priestess was not a warrior by any stretch of the imagination but her reasoning hadn't all been noble. It was very much true that Gyda had went because she had wanted to feel needed, especially when she had felt the oppression of Ragnar's constant whispers of wanting more sons to her mother in saccharine tones when he had thought that her and her brothers had went to sleep.

Gyda did not realize that it hadn't necessarily been a slight to her, despite that she had clearly been Ragnar's favorite from the start. Goliath broke the Scandinavian from her thoughts abruptly leaving her disoriented thought wise for a few seconds before she was able to grasp and make sense of his question. “I was born in these Wilds,” Gyda admitted giving a short pause before she went into elaborating. “There was a pack west of Sleeping Dragon, on the coast they had once claimed Horizon Ridge. I don't remember my time there well for I was a very small girl when my parents abandoned the Ridge in favor of a sanctuary south of the Ridge. My father called the territory Stavanger Bay.” A fond smile played at the corner of her lips as she thought of her childhood home.

“What about you, Goliath? Where are you from?” Gyda listened to his inquiry with interest, nodding along at points though she offered no further words; and after her companion finished to speak they continued on with their patrol in companionable silence.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
vikings attack paris - by Gyda - January 30, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Goliath - January 30, 2016, 05:36 PM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Gyda - January 31, 2016, 06:11 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Goliath - January 31, 2016, 07:33 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Gyda - January 31, 2016, 07:53 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Goliath - January 31, 2016, 08:44 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Gyda - February 01, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Goliath - February 02, 2016, 06:41 AM
RE: vikings attack paris - by Gyda - February 06, 2016, 06:38 AM