Nova Peak just keep breathing
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
No worries! Hope you're feeling better. :)

Edit on 5/1: I'm gonna conclude this for us!

He apologized again, then tried to explain his behavior to her. Wildfire's ears flicked at the words my mother, sensing a personal story incoming. It never failed to amaze her how some strangers would open up to her so readily. Was there something about her that caused others to be so forthcoming? Well, she would rather others trust her inexplicably rather than fear her. Speaking of which, it kind of gave her whiplash when he went from trembling to oversharing in the space of a moment. Seeing as she preferred that over the alternative, she didn't say anything about it.

In any case, there was good reason he told her this: it really did shed some light on his overreactions. When his eyes hesitantly lifted to meet hers, Wildfire played into it and guessed, "Was she abusive?" She drew in a steadying breath, blinking. "I don't know her but I can assure you I'm nothing like her. I've just been through some stuff lately," she explained, giving no further detail than that, "and it was an instinctive recoil. I have no desire to harm you."

But nor did she have much of a desire to stick around and make overly personal small talk with him. Still feeling a bit discomfited over the entire situation, Wildfire excused herself to continue exploring the now rain-soaked mountain slopes. It was a bit hard to focus at first, difficult to shake off the lingering uneasiness instilled in her by the stranger's reactions, but eventually she lost herself in her exploration and achieved her earlier lightness of spirit.
Messages In This Thread
just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 05, 2016, 06:37 AM
RE: just keep breathing - by Wildfire - April 05, 2016, 11:35 AM
RE: just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 05, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Wildfire - April 05, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 07, 2016, 02:47 AM
RE: just keep breathing - by Wildfire - April 07, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 07, 2016, 02:01 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Wildfire - April 07, 2016, 02:45 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 07, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Wildfire - April 07, 2016, 08:49 PM
RE: just keep breathing - by Kastor - April 11, 2016, 05:35 PM