Honeyed Pasture the stars at night are indifferent to our plight
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
All welcome. Tags for visibility but they are welcome to pop in (or cameo). If there is any problem with the PP I've written, please send me a message and I will fix it!). Those in the scouting party, feel free to start separate threads around this. :) Set for 9/27, mid-afternoon, chilly weather.

The scout trip is different than the one prior. They are not searching, necessarily, for for missing mate. Most of these lands have been accounted for anyway but Eske and @Étoille and the others. Their mission is to arrive at the Caldera in a few days with a few breaks but that does not mean their senses are direct. Still, they look for signs and clues of Wildfire but they do not waste time where time has already been given.

Their party is bigger than she initially planned with the addition of @Artaax and @Blixen tagging along. She is ever grateful to have brought @Eljay and @Portia to keep an eye on them even if they are nearly grown. Their adolescence shows but their strength and stamina is born and bred from Drageda. Still, it puts Wildfire's cousin to use when he'd originally caused doubt in her mind and she hopes her trust in the man-child isn't misplaced with her children.

As the second day starts to come to an end, the sun still in the sky but the day cooling, they set up camp for the night in deepwood weald. The cover keeps them protected for a short stay and she divvies up tasks before nightfall. She sends @Dio and Artaax off to hunt—she has to take a moment to acknowledge how similar they look now—and @Hux stays back with Eljay and Blixen in the campsite, scouting around for any in the area to be a threat and she, feeling restless and anxious, sets out of the territory into a pasture she's never seen.

These lands are all unfamiliar to her, further south than she's ever been. She found the bay earlier in the day, and the scorched forest. She smelled nothing of Arturo and his broad but the scent in Ravensblood caused her to skirt around and avoid it. The pasture she slips into has tall grasses and a gentle breeze, the air cool around her. What may once be relaxing is filling her with anguish and exhaustion instead, and so soon into her travel. The woman huffs a sigh and lowers her nose to the ground for scents and rummages through aimlessly if only to keep her occupied.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
the stars at night are indifferent to our plight - by Antumbra - September 26, 2017, 11:57 AM
RE: the stars at night are indifferent to our plight - by Hux - September 29, 2017, 01:03 AM