Silvertip Mountain you're beside me, breathing so loud
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Private 
Her breath came fast as she ploughed through the snow, limbs driving her ever upward and onward. Her limbs bled from scratches too many to count, where rocks and snow and ice had cut her heedless limbs. She left a trail of churned up snow and spots of blood; much like the one that Screech had left behind him. The trail she'd lost, the friend she'd betrayed. The woods around her loomed dark and menacing, trees effectively shutting out the last of the sun's bleeding light, the odd ray boldly striking through the needled foliage only to be crushed by shadow. Like the Wood, and Vaati, the boy she'd hated and loved, the boy who'd stolen her away and twisted her life until it became something darker, something better suited to his liking. 

Cassiopeia stumbled, crashing into the snow soundlessly. Boughs creaked as the wind forced through them, raking through her thinning fur cruelly. She pulled herself from the snow with a lurch, resuming her maniacal climb. She pushed through snow and rock until quite suddenly there were no more, and the ground fell away before her. She stilled, motionless, the only sound beside the wind her own lonely breaths. 

Her gaze found the rocks below, scanned them with the same detachment that she'd scanned the blood and the scents of the Heartwood. She'd been his friend, she'd thought, but she'd failed in finding him, too. She'd betrayed him relied on him after she'd plunged into the river searching for something to feel. His trail she'd lost somewhere in her frantic wanderings, found instead the faded scent of Vaati. Vaati; her captor and her friend. He'd trusted her; but it was only, she realized now, because he'd controlled her life so completely, twisted her into the kind of person he could trust and love. Had he loved her? She'd loved him; but that surely was wrong, and twisted to. The Wood had become her anchor and her ruination. 

The girl swayed on the cliff, thoughts bubbling fast and angry, until she took a step nearer the edge. She faltered; for what she did not know. What had she to continue for? Screech was dead, in all likelihood, her family was scattered and her only known relative a member of the Wood she'd forsaken. Cassiopeia sank into the snow, unable to look down at the rocks any longer, content to lay here and let the falling snow cover her, hide her away. Perhaps she'd simply fade, as Screech had thought she would, and the world would let her fade away when the spring came, fade in its light like the shadow she was.
@Olive
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Cassiopeia - January 13, 2018, 01:27 PM
RE: you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Olive - January 13, 2018, 05:04 PM
RE: you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Cassiopeia - January 13, 2018, 08:38 PM
RE: you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Olive - January 14, 2018, 01:24 PM
RE: you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Cassiopeia - January 14, 2018, 07:19 PM
RE: you're beside me, breathing so loud - by Olive - January 17, 2018, 09:03 PM