Redhawk Caldera Who knows how to use a flamethrower?
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Towhee looked flabbergasted, and Fin couldn't help but smile in spite of the gravity of this moment. She hadn't meant to put her on edge for those few seconds, but in retrospect, maybe she had. She was still her, somewhere underneath all of this serious, brooding, guilty pile of wolf she had become during her tenure as alpha. Somewhere, she was still the teasing, fun-loving, silly Finley of old.

Truth was, she was tired of it all. While she 100% believed in her heart that giving the Caldera to Towhee was the right thing to do, not just for the pack but for her niece, she had her own selfish reasons for wanting to step down as well. She'd never really been cut out for the job, in her own opinion. She felt like she had given up a part of herself in stepping into the rank. She was more comfortable in the supporting role, and she was frankly just better at it. Just as Towhee would be better at leading. Fin and Elwood had taught her to listen and mind the opinions of others - to be trusting and obedient when the situation called for it. But Towhee ultimately was born to call the shots and have hers be the opinions that counted.

And besides that, Peregrine and Fox would have wanted this. Though Finley may have played the part of alpha since their deaths, she had never stopped being their beta. She never would.

"The pack needs an excellent alpha, not just a perfectly good one. And while I'd definitely say Elwood is an excellent alpha, I'm certainly not. I've gotten by, but I'm getting old, kid. I don't think I've made the best decisions lately and I don't have the energy I used to. Honestly, I'd rather spend what energy I do have on my kids," Fin paused, giving her a meaningful look so that she would know that she was one of those kids before continuing, "Besides that, this is Redhawk Caldera. A Redhawk was always supposed to be running the place, and it's time one did again. And you're dead ass right - you're worthy."

Messages In This Thread
Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 26, 2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 28, 2018, 11:39 AM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 29, 2018, 10:00 AM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 29, 2018, 06:17 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 29, 2018, 07:23 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 29, 2018, 08:00 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 30, 2018, 09:58 AM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 30, 2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 30, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 30, 2018, 12:28 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 30, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - January 30, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - January 30, 2018, 09:44 PM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Finley - February 03, 2018, 11:57 AM
RE: Who knows how to use a flamethrower? - by Towhee - February 03, 2018, 09:26 PM