Moonspear when they come for you, i will shield your name
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the call was urgent-- and terance could sense some sort of... what was it? anxiety? in his friends voice. to say the least, he was sort of alarmed. but, then again, it was probably just something at the border-- since rannoch mentioned their meeting spot. maybe some sort of fight or... something? terance tried not to stress about it, but moved as quickly as he could given his shoulder. though, the most concerning thing about the whole situation was that when he arrived, rannoch was alone

he moved up slowly when he was within eyesight of his friend, head low and ears cupped forward. what's going on? his posture demanded, concern and confusion written on his features. rannoch seemed fine, but there was no mistaking the tension in the air-- something was up. "no i was just-- eating..." he sort of paused mid sentence as rannoch starting talking about important, stopping for a few breathes and then finishing his statement with hesitation. 

and then the bomb dropped. 

terance was no enemy to eye contact, he actually much appreciated it when dealing with friends-- it was more natural and felt more sincere. and he held it all while rannoch was talking, not uttering a single word throughout the monologue. and though he held his gaze, terance was visibly melting with each word. his whole life was crashing down upon him, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. even though the end got kind of positive-- like that's really cool-- it left terance with more inner turmoil and moral decisions than he'd ever had. 

"come with you?" he asked with a notable voice crack mid statement, "leave moonspear?" they were formed as questions but terance wasn't clarifying, he knew exactly what rannoch had said to him. but... leaving moonspear. this was his home. this was everything terance had. his mother had given him this opportunity through charon, and he'd made so much out of it. he'd made friends and honestly? they were family. and then his real family had come-- wraen had, anyway-- and that just made the mountain even more desirable. he loved it here. he loved hydra and alya and had so much respect for amekaze and charon. 

and lyra. lyra was here.

but rannoch and liffey... they were family too. and they were... leaving. and he had the chance to come with. 

"i've... gotta talk to hydra... and wraen. god i couldn't just... but like i want..." he fumbled on his words, resorting back to silence as he did when words just wouldn't come naturally to him. with a deep breath, terance tried again. "hydra will hate me... and if i leave, whatever i may or may not have with lyra is just... gone. rannoch i-- i know it's stupid, but i love her, i really do. something about her just makes my whole life better." but it wasn't true, and it was something that terance failed to see. it was true, terance lit up when he was with her. but that was the thing, he never was. and so every day he spent apart from her, working or hunting or healing-- whoevers fault it was that they never spent time together-- terance hurt, and he suffered. the not knowing and the lack of forwardness put terance in a wheel of pain, and even though he never saw her, and whatever relationship they had was probably entirely made up, he couldn't think of being so far away from her. 

another deep breath.

"but you're my best friend, ran, and... i want to be wherever you are. i need to talk with wraen, and hydra... and then... and then... then i don't know."
Messages In This Thread
RE: when they come for you, i will shield your name - by Terance - February 18, 2018, 03:19 PM