Bearclaw Valley what a sweet surprise
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
♫ — what i never knew i always wanted
set for the first of april

bearclaw valley's matriarch had awoken with a quiet strirring sense of trepidation.  the first of her contractions had begun early in the morning and with them the raven became restless and confused — she paced in her whelping den where she and alexander had officiated their mateship, tail lashing behind her in impatience and unease.

she shivered as each contraction worked at her womb, and although the hours passed she did not call for help or seek the comfort that alexander could have provided.  the only woman she wanted was gone; blondine had bid bearclaw adieu just days before.  it settled bitterly in her chest because she did not understand, there was so much she still did not understand!  

her womb rolled again alongside another contraction, and with it her thighs became damp.  she bent her muzzle to inspect and noticed a liquid the colour of wheat that smelled of life, and suddenly she knew.  her heart hammered as she whined, her eyes growing wide.  the babies could not come now, blondine was not here!  she was the only —

ah!

she stifled a warbling cry as despair flooded the young mother.  and although she did not know it, blondine's absence would be the least of her worries.  the babies were going to come and they were going to do it now, a week early. 

*i'm not sure who would be allowed in the den right now!
3/3
Messages In This Thread
what a sweet surprise - by Reigi - March 30, 2018, 05:22 PM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Xan - April 01, 2018, 02:42 AM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Reigi - April 01, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Xan - April 03, 2018, 03:55 AM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Forrest - April 03, 2018, 06:04 PM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Reigi - April 07, 2018, 02:29 AM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Xan - April 20, 2018, 02:24 AM
RE: what a sweet surprise - by Reigi - May 19, 2018, 03:32 PM