Dawnlark Plains nothing good ever happens at the goddamn thirsty crow
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he gave her a gimlet stare at her first sentiment, and then shook his head at her second--but perhaps not for the reason she thought. all his life, aditya had been alone. when he had been privileged enough to have someone by his side, he'd put them before all others, put them well ahead of himself. he had desperately held onto this selfishness for many seasons now, and what had it given him? betrayal after betrayal; it did something damaging to the psyche, and he felt a monster take hold of him, grasping his tongue and commanding it to speak.

"no," aditya said coldly, shaking his head a couple more times, firmly, before leveling his gaze onto her. "no. you don't get to leave me. not after what you've done. that's not a choice you get to make. it's a choice i get to make--and i'm going to make it.

"you've made me look a right fool, dawn, you know? i'm not so bad a guy. . .really. honestly."
he laughed, each guffaw falling humorlessly to the ground, like flakes of midwinter snow. "it's a shame you never used that for good, instead of pulling me along like the lovestruck simpleton i became in your presence."

aditya stepped forward then and brought his muzzle to her ear, lips pulling long and taut--though whether from anger or glee, or perhaps a mix of both, he did not know. "by the way," he whispered, as if imparting the world's most important secret, "i fucked alarian, after i saw you with that man. and i liked it."

with one final lash of his tail, and a dark glance thrown her way, aditya wheeled and stalked off, heading toward--well, wherever. as far away on the plains as possible. all he knew was that he had to get away from her as quickly as possible, lest this hardened persona crack and shattered into pieces, revealing the wounded man that lie inside.

he wouldn't give her his tears, nor his fire, ever again. only his barest civility was hers to claim--and that would come as cold as ice.
Messages In This Thread
RE: nothing good ever happens at the goddamn thirsty crow - by Aditya - July 08, 2018, 11:31 PM