Blacktail Deer Plateau i'm pulling down stars just to make you glow
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The yearly is oblivious to the tension in Saarthal. She’s only pulled out of her trance when the other girl compares how she looks to the sky and her cheeks flesh red, hidden by dark fur, but her ears twitch upon her head. Compliments are few and far between and Saarthal’s abundance of them causes a new flutter of her heart every time. 

Blixen certainly isn’t anything like this. 

Each step closer brings a harder heartbeat, threatening to lodge in her throat but her legs move automatically, as if they know exactly what they’re doing. She’d like a little heads up at least for the brain because she feels as if she’s swimming all the way down so much she barely catches the blubbering scenario. As Saarthal rambles on about anxiety regarding the future, spilling out uncontrollably, she hears all her same worries with a new tone. They don’t have to have it all together (Saarthal surely doesn’t), but as long as they’re together they’ll be stronger for it. They may eventually one day part ways but hopefully not for a while yet. In the meantime, Mallaidh’s makes herself comfortable in the designated spot and waits for the girl to take a moment to breathe.

“I don’t really... know how to answer all that, um... thank you for sharing this with me,” she tells her first with a smile. “I can see how it helps.” Her tail thumps against the ground a few times and stares across at her fiery copper. In them, Blixen’s reflection swims through and she looks back and forth between her eyes. “I’d like for all of us to stay together, you know? I think we work well together,” she adds but her answers feel inadequate compared to how much she’d been talking and how little she actually covered. Her own mind swims with similar burning questions and the desire to quell all her insecurities. 

However, she mentions getting to know one another, Mallaidh isn’t sure what to make of it. She enjoys her friends company, and Varinril, and she often thinks about Blixen still. But that’s part of it, right? Getting over the hurt and confusion? She thinks of Aviana, briefly, before she leans in to close the distance. She’s never been very good at romance.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm pulling down stars just to make you glow - by Mallaidh - July 10, 2018, 04:52 PM