Blacktail Deer Plateau I just need to get it off my chest
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
For a moment there was only tense silence - as if the birds and small creatures of the forest themselves were listening in. 

Liri's gaze darted between the two, imagining wild scenarios that only made her more anxious. She tried to calm herself, certain it couldn't be all that bad. It was that unwavering trust in Kavik - who she was so certain would never betray her - that would lead to her pain on this day. 

Her mahogany gaze returned to her mate as he spoke, smiling at the sentiment though she was obviously nervous. She knew Kavik loved her but what could that have to do with anything? Her gaze fell on Grezig, narrowing suspiciously as the word cheating jumped to mind. Was that what this was about? Her heart raced at the thought. 

Resolutely, the sylph turned her freckled head towards her mate - unsure she even wanted to know. If they withheld the information, it couldn't hurt her. Right?

Kavik's second statement didn't sink in at first. She remained seated, her eyes locked on him blankly - confused as to how her lungs could still fill with air, how heart could pound in its chest like that when that strange band of tightness was closing around her chest.

Grezig stammered an excuse, fleeing. Liri was unsure whether to be relieved or incensed by this. Part of her was so enraged that all she could hear was the roar of blood coursing in her veins. Part of her wanted to chase the Beta down and demand an explanation as to why Grezig had asked the only male in the whole pack who was married to sire her children. Another part of her was relieved that Grezig was gone because the leader was not a fan of doing things she regretted, and she would regret hurting her friend - whether with words or actions.

She deflated as she was left alone with Kavik - eyes falling to the ground, trembling form curling in on herself as if for protection. Watery eyes lifted to him, any tears lost in the light drizzle that reached them through the canopy, conveying the words she refused to utter aloud.

How could you?

"You must have lost your wits," Liri rasped, voice breaking, when she finally could summon the strength to speak.

"You thought that would work. That it wouldn't confuse our children?" Anger burned in her gaze as she squared her shoulders, looking at her mate incredulously as if she'd never seen him. 

It wasn't right. What, she was supposed to tell their pups that their father loved her, only her, but had kids with every other female who wanted them? Was their marriage sacred only to her? She shook her head, turning away from him in disgust. 

"If our pack is stable enough to permit puppies in the spring, and should Grezig still want children, she can find someone else." Anyone else. But not you. "Someone who isn't claimed." 

She looked at him again - sadness pooling in her dark eyes. He didn't think this would hurt her? Having that image of him and Grezig stuck on loop in her mind's eye? Her lips parted as if she wanted to speak but her eyes squeezed shut, she shook her head once as if to say, I can't. The healer whirled on pallid paws and fled.

She didn't look back; she didn't turn even if he shouted after her. Liri would flee to some hidden place in their territory and it was there that she would release her pain - likely in the form of stifled sobs. 
whatever timeline works best for everyone is fine by me
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 09, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Grezig - October 09, 2018, 10:32 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by Síff - October 11, 2018, 05:38 AM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 11, 2018, 10:07 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Grezig - October 11, 2018, 10:54 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by Síff - October 12, 2018, 06:09 AM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 12, 2018, 10:13 AM