The Heartwood i am a question to the world
207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The forest reminds him of home, in a way; maybe the ruin is more pronounced here, as opposed to the stretching plains of his birthplace, but that only makes the connection stronger in his mind. The chill in the air only makes the ashen terrain feel even more dead; it's a crushingly lonely scene.
But that doesn't bother him as much as it probably should. Solitude has become synonymous with contentment for the young Corten, though he'd fought it so hard at the beginning of his life. Now, as he trails through the long-ruined forest, he thinks it's the best gift Morningside has given him. He finds more peace, more satisfaction in his travels than he'd found among others — he can't imagine ever confining himself that way again. The world is cold and hard, he thinks, but it is honest; it doesn't hide behind sweet lies like I love you, only to turn its back the moment he slips from sight. So, it's a pretty good trade in his opinion.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Messages In This Thread
i am a question to the world - by Winterbourne - November 01, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Cavendish - November 02, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Winterbourne - November 04, 2018, 10:56 AM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Cavendish - November 04, 2018, 11:10 AM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Winterbourne - November 23, 2018, 02:35 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Cavendish - November 29, 2018, 07:33 PM