Ocean's Breath Plateau looking back, i almost thought i heard you say
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
In their travels to places new to them, the Ostrega yearlings had only just set out. The landmark meant to serve as their turning point loomed just in the periphery of their route, and made brave by success so far, Jarilo decided he wanted to branch out and explore a bit before they really got to the meat of the intended voyage: soon, they would turn their heading south and head for the depths of Tuktu. However for now, he was charmed by the scent of ocean, and maybe hungry enough to prowl for a meal if he got lucky enough to find a lead on one before he turned back. Most of all, he sought to go scope it out and do as this venture off the mountain intended: see what he has not seen before.

He let his sister know where he was planning, and honestly, assumed she might want to rove a little independently too—so the two remained in vague enough earshot, so he hoped, as he found his way to the plateau. Unless she wanted to join him any sooner, he would be back shortly, and they could rest up before the next leg of travel.

When he could finally open up an earnest trot across the plateau, it granted him a familiar view of the horizon, only closer to the sea than where he usually looked from. He was used to heights, clear vistas, and wide open views of the skies, so he adapted well beneath company he kept.

In searching for prey, and admiring the unfamiliar landscapes, he found a wolf instead. The course of his little trot was set to carry him past her, but he slowed up when he could make out more of her to indeed confirm she matched the scent. Tipping his muzzle curiously towards the stranger, he didn't say anything yet despite all of his wondering what she was doing here exactly.
oooo he can prob use some naturalist stuff too (and @Vela tag for ref bc i'm saying this is right after this and before whatever thread i make for them next next >>; )
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
looking back, i almost thought i heard you say - by Amatsu - December 09, 2018, 04:51 PM
RE: looking back, i almost thought i heard you say - by Jarilo - December 12, 2018, 02:05 AM