Tuktu Hinterlands Even if I knew you'd be my best and worst mistake
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
What?  Before or after you told me to not bother coming back? He asked, incredulous.  Since when had any of his actions shown he didn't trust her?  Because he wasn't willing to kill someone just because she told him to? Well if that was the type of trust she wanted, it wasn't the type he was willing to give.

That was a chance I was willing to take.  Because if there's even a chance when anyone in my family is in trouble, nothing would stop me from taking it. He said, still stock still, but no longer angry.  His anger had burned out with the realization that he had so fundamentally misunderstood her.  She expected him to feel sorry that Quixote disagreed with her booting him? To sympathize that her decisions nearly got her turned out? When she'd essentially kicked him for looking to bring his sister home?

Not a chance, and it seemed she wasn't budging either.  Well, a reminder to himself, he thought wryly.  If he survived the winter, maybe a quick trip to thank Quixote come spring.  Dude was a good friend.

But he wasn't about to argue circles with Niamh right now.  Maybe one day you'll figure out how to love someone, and when you do, I truly hope you find a way to be happy. But I did my learning already, and I don't think I can do this again.  

The words were tired, and they sent a spike down to his core even as he said them.  He couldn't go back there, not now, and he couldn't see any way for him and Niamh to resolve this.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Even if I knew you'd be my best and worst mistake - by Colt RIP - December 16, 2018, 04:12 PM