Sun Mote Copse anything i wanted to know,
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
It was all news to him, and he eventually started to find some groove to this forest which was much more open and sunlit than the ones he typically stalked. Even off the mountain, usually, there was more denseness to it—although he did wonder if maybe he just had not reached the thick of it yet. Who knew how many miles this woodlot stretched, or if he was even aimed at the heart at all.

He did know he was still heading roughly south, maybe a little towards the west sometimes. More than anything, he was starting to follow what he perceived as thoroughfares here. He smelled scattered traces of prey, maybe some old vague wolf traffic too, and a slew of other odds and ends. Without knowing what was normal for a place like this, he just went on, guessing he'd know if it was looking amiss before it happened, somehow.

Occasionally he stopped to sniff at the ground, and prints pressed into the earth, but the winds seemed more telling. With the breeze soft enough to carry, he got more out a nose up tall, following it that way.

He had smelled a wolf, then heard a wolf, and worked around the trees enough to close in to see what she was up to here as well. What he found was a lonesome wolf, but way smaller than expected. Maybe she knew something about this place, though, so not to be bothered by this in the long run, he kept striding closer. Hey, hi, he chimed once near enough to slow down, and potentially interrupt her doings if he timed it right. First he had to gauge if she was even personable enough to talk to, so he held his tongue for now, and watched her keenly.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
anything i wanted to know, - by Jarilo - December 15, 2018, 08:35 PM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Kiwi RIP - December 16, 2018, 12:39 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Jarilo - December 16, 2018, 11:54 PM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Kiwi RIP - December 17, 2018, 10:15 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Jarilo - December 19, 2018, 01:28 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Kiwi RIP - December 22, 2018, 11:25 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Jarilo - December 26, 2018, 03:24 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Kiwi RIP - December 27, 2018, 09:04 PM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Jarilo - December 28, 2018, 12:57 AM
RE: anything i wanted to know, - by Kiwi RIP - December 28, 2018, 04:46 PM