Dragoncrest Cliffs my face (worth 1 thousand ships)
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
You’re back.

Mallaidh’s ears tilt back. She remembers asking about Hvitserk, once, and her hatred for her own brother when he’d abandoned them. Antumbra allowed him to come back. Blixen allowed her to come back and, so far, Heda has allowed her to stay. But Eske is her own woman and she has her own way of things. If she hates her own brother for leaving (no matter if his reasoning is justified), then she must hate her so, so much more.

A pin pricks the back of her eyes and she looks down. Those born in Drageda know who they are and where they call home, they really had no use for some lost little girl they found.

Eske doesn’t outright try to hurt her or chase her off or… ignore her. Did she give Hvitserk the same chance to explain himself?

“I didn’t know who I was for a long time,” she starts and pausing, throat constricting around her words. “Not like amnesia or anything, I knew who I was but, you know?” Okay, this isn’t going well. You can’t talk to your former mentor and caretaker like she’s your long lost friend. Mallaidh closes her eyes and shakes her head, trying to straighten up into the proper adult she is. She’s not a lost puppy anymore. “What I mean is I pretended I didn’t know where I came from. I was scared and I didn’t really know where I was. I wanted to go home. I wanted to go home for a long time but I thought… if you guys knew that, or knew who I really was that you’d…” she cuts herself short, biting back the ugly word and swallowing it all together. “That you’d be mad at me.

“And then I found out my mom died and I didn’t know what home was and Drageda was the closest thing to it so I stayed. But I couldn’t be Furi anymore,”
she doesn’t mention the fact she’d been scared of Wildfire in the wake of breaking up with Blixen but it all ties together, somehow. Her voice cracks. “I ran away. I know that. But I had to figure out who I was because Furi wasn’t it. I was Mallaidh Fearghal. That’s not who I am now, either.”

(It’s okay.)

“Mallaidh kom Dragedakru.”
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by RIP Blodreina - December 16, 2018, 05:43 AM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by Mallaidh - December 16, 2018, 08:43 AM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by RIP Blodreina - December 23, 2018, 05:59 AM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by Mallaidh - December 23, 2018, 06:08 PM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by RIP Blodreina - December 23, 2018, 06:40 PM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by Mallaidh - December 26, 2018, 06:01 PM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by RIP Blodreina - December 29, 2018, 01:55 PM
RE: my face (worth 1 thousand ships) - by Mallaidh - December 30, 2018, 08:06 PM