Dragoncrest Cliffs an elephant named eloise
Wild Fauna
Shared Account
105 Posts
Ooc —
Random Event 
This thread takes place on DECEMBER 31, 2018. Sorry it took so long; I’ve had pneumonia. If a pack manager wants to, for threadlog purposes, feel free to edit my post before archiving to set the correct date. According to my calculator, Drageda will receive a positive event of 6/6 severity, and a random predator. Control of all the things belongs to the pack managers, so feel free to ignore this if you don’t wanna participate. ^^ Your positive event is inspired by this news article which may be disturbing for some to read.

The tempest utters a litany of banshee screams, flinging wings of water against the cliffs and churning up the shoreline. It is a tantrum like no other, and her stormhounds peel back their lips and worry at the terrain, snapping up tree and bracken, moss and lichen. Icefang-ridden gusts are hurled at each small, forlorn figure that trespasses the coast, and with her serpentine hands she charms the sea into frothing tendrils of snaking currents. Her howling rises to a screaming roar as she reaches the apex of her fury, hurling bolts of lightning and gripping the stone with roiling snarls of thunder. It is only midday, but she blackens the sky with a clotted bruise of vantablack, blotting out the sun so that the only light is hers.

She tries to yank the redwood giants up by their roots but does not stop to measure her success or failure. Despite herself, she fills Drageda’s clandestine cove with a new wealth of fish and treasure from the sea, unintentionally aiding the very pests she hopes to eradicate — and as the torrential rains reach their heaviest downpour, she overfills the freshwater lake and turns the trickling of water into a steady stream. (It’s not a deluge by any means, though. I’m not trying to drown anybody; I’m just ineloquent.) This time, her generosity is even greater: three of the area’s largest bull elk end up knotted together by their antlers and cannot seem to thread their way through the Tangle or the cliffs, resulting in approximately three thousand pounds (or thirteen hundred sixty kilograms) of fresh meat.

In the cleft of space where the cliffs meet the Tangle, the winterstorm’s tantrum has flushed a surly wolverine from its sleeping place. It descends like a shadow into the territory, but whether or not it will make contact with the Drageda wolves is yet unknown.

posted by coelacanth.
Messages In This Thread
an elephant named eloise - by ThE nArRaToR - January 04, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: an elephant named eloise - by Ephraim - January 06, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: an elephant named eloise - by Silkie - January 10, 2019, 12:46 PM
RE: an elephant named eloise - by Ephraim - January 20, 2019, 02:51 PM
RE: an elephant named eloise - by Silkie - January 25, 2019, 06:57 AM
RE: an elephant named eloise - by Ephraim - January 30, 2019, 04:39 PM