Sun Mote Copse My blue eyes never looked so green
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Abruptly, the group hug broke apart. Wildfire was a little thunderstruck by the question. How could her aunt possibly know that, without anyone having said a word? Also, how could she ask them that so bluntly, in front of Elwood and Clover? She wanted to tell them about the pups, of course, but this was... something. She cringed a bit, feeling very put on the spot, and glanced at Eljay. Never in her life had she heard him sound so indignant as he cried, "Mom!" It was so unexpected that it startled Wildfire partially out of her own embarrassment.

Then Clover's surely well-meaning question flung her right back down that rabbit hole. Although nobody was looking at them in disapproval, she still felt absurdly embarrassed. She wasn't even really sure why. But Wildfire knew that if she was struggling with her composure, then surely Eljay was quietly going crazy over there. Maybe not so quietly, she thought, looking at him again and taking notice of his harsh breathing.

"Eljay, it's all right," she said to him. The words felt impotent in her mouth, though she wasn't sure what else to do or say right now. Redirecting her attention to his parents, she said, "Can we discuss this later? Let's get you guys settled in and all that." She cleared her throat, then seized on a topic that should help smooth over this awkward moment, she hoped. "I'd love it if you two would accept my two open Honoree ranks," Wildfire said to Elwood and Finley.

Sure, the latter's crass question had just flustered the heck out of her, yet the Sovereign knew quite well she hadn't meant any harm; Wildfire would never hold it against her. Besides, they'd clarify this matter soon, in the comfort and privacy of their new home, assuming Eljay didn't have a cardiac arrest between then and now. And if all went well, the Firebirds' two newest Honorees would be very welcoming of the grandchildren on the horizon.
Messages In This Thread
My blue eyes never looked so green - by Elwood - January 22, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Eljay - January 22, 2019, 05:08 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Clover - January 23, 2019, 11:15 AM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Wildfire - January 23, 2019, 11:16 AM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Finley - January 23, 2019, 01:39 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Elwood - January 24, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Eljay - January 25, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Clover - January 26, 2019, 11:22 AM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Wildfire - January 26, 2019, 11:46 AM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Finley - January 28, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Elwood - February 04, 2019, 12:51 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Eljay - February 05, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Clover - February 11, 2019, 08:13 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Wildfire - February 11, 2019, 08:56 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Finley - February 14, 2019, 06:10 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Elwood - February 19, 2019, 04:09 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Eljay - February 22, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Clover - February 26, 2019, 08:53 AM
RE: My blue eyes never looked so green - by Wildfire - February 26, 2019, 05:16 PM