Swiftcurrent Creek and I am beholden to no gods here.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
not trespassing, but here for @Kavik @Ruenna & @Alessia I'm not sure if they would be involved but feel free to jump in at any time. Forward dated for 1/30ish

She was supposed to be dead. 

What did it matter if her leg throbbed with every step? What did it matter that the weight of her ruined leg was now gone, a charred stump in place of what was once a disfigured limb. 

The ache in her chest was worse, the ice nymph could no longer be certain if it was lingering pains from the whitecough or the remnants of heartache that she couldn't seem to shake. She was supposed to be dead, the pain reminded, needled. 

Perhaps it would have been better if she were. 

The fallen leader might not have turned towards the borders of Swiftcurrent Creek - she'd had every intention of skirting the territory as she passed by - if not for the scent she caught on the wind. 

It made her blood run cold as glacial meltwater - freezing in her veins as a strangled noise of shock escaped her throat. Liri's head turned towards the distant territory, daring not to hope. 

Was it possible? 

Could it be that Kavik thought her dead, that he moved on to some other pack by mistake? 

Fueled by hope, the tracker raced to the borders, nearly crossing in her haste to find him. There, on the borders, she could smell Ruenna faintly, the silver bird she'd called friend and Beta - and even more promising, Kavik.

He was here. 

Too startled by the fact that she'd found him, Liri didn't bother to think what it might mean. Her mind was racing with the possibilities, her heart alight with excitement. She'd howl and Kavik would come, he would explain her identity to his new Alphas and then they'd be together again - perhaps they'd even be permitted to have puppies this spring once Liri was accepted into this new group. 

Without waiting another moment longer, Liri let her howl fill the air - a hoarse cry filled with utter joy at having found her mate. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 10:05 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Alessia - January 28, 2019, 10:09 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 11:48 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 29, 2019, 12:36 AM