The Sunspire I've been upside down; I don't wanna be the right way 'round
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW :) @Sorin & @Siqsa for visibility. (Slight pp, let me know if I need to edit anything

It was early morning when the wolfess rose, for the sun had yet to rise over the jagged peaks of the mountains ahead of them. Pale golden light peeked over the crest of the heights to blend against the soft grey of the morning sky. It was clear, with no sign of clouds and a last star winked dimly to the east. 

She left the Lair behind with her rapid but moderate pace - intending to scout ahead. Perhaps Sorin was in the best shape but Liri blended in best with the snow lingering on the ground. The ghost had long ago learned to fade into the shadows, to go unnoticed amongst the silence of the forest and its inhabitants. 

She had slept uneasily near the mouth of the cavern the night before, trying to ignore the lack of the warm titan that was usually close by - uncertain how Sorin might feel about sleeping at her side with Siqsa so near. He would be bound to see them curled together and Liri wasn't sure the raven wanted her relative to draw any conclusions about their relationship. 

The word nearly brought her paws to a halt mid-stride. Liri shook her head slightly, ignoring the falter. 

The prospect of contemplating whatever was happening between she and Sorin was frightening. Liri wasn't sure she wanted to think about what exactly their relationship was. 

As she trekked east, picking her path carefully through the mountains, her thoughts unwillingly turned back towards the forlorn raven. 

They were something like friends she supposed, but closer admittedly. Sorin was the first person to ever truly empathize with her past and yet, Liri wasn't sure she could tell him everything. He knew of her childhood and her marriage with Kavik, but what of every horror that lurked under bed, of the skeletons rattling about the floor of her closet? Would he still look at her and see the woman he thought strong if he knew the things she had seen; the things that had been done to her? 

Liri swallowed heavily as her head ducked self-consciously, feeling small and tarnished. 

And what of that nameless, hopeful surge that rushed through her when she met his verdant gaze? What of the glowing warmth that was beginning to seep in in place of the guilt that had once wracked her tiny frame when he curled around her on cold nights? What did it mean that the scarred fae felt whole in the raven's presence, longed for something she couldn't quite pinpoint. 

Liri stumbled to a halt, earthy optics falling shut as confusion swirled through her like a northern blizzard. 

She opened her eyes wearily, lifting them to find herself in the ghostly remains of her former allies' home. She'd been so engrossed in thought that instinct had led her through the familiar territories, guiding her back to the domain that had once belonged to Rannoch. 

Liri's gaze flickered about with a glint of curiosity as she began to explore, intending to insure that all was well here before circling back to regroup with the men. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread