Dawnlark Plains 'cause you're my present, my future, my lesson, my teacher
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
*daedric laugh @ the idea of ingram being a great warrior*

the space is tight, but imrathil wasn't nervous. he could hear the wild keen of the wind outside and somehow, knew he was safer here. he felt something akin to empathy for blodreina though -- even in the poor light the cave affords, he could see (or sense, maybe) that she was uncomfortable.

with him, possibly -- or maybe the cave was like a yawning, tightening mouth.

he shifted closer to the wall, watching as she politely refused the hare. he took it back carefully, but didn't eat it. with how the wind was snarling outside, he wondered if it might be better to conserve his meals, even if he was hungry.

the sound of her name filled the cavern, and to imrathil, who remembered nothing of his past life, the name sounded triumphant. exotic, maybe, but strong -- it carried a note of willfulness to it, and somewhere in his foggy memory he thought of reigning - perhaps blodreina was the name of a queen. "i'm imrathil." he almost said ingram - the name chusi had pulled from the depths of his past life -- but he didn't. somehow, he didn't think he was an ingram. it seemed like the name of a stranger to him.

once or twice now he had noticed the scent that cloyingly exuded from her. it didn't make him uncomfortable, but it did make him feel something he was not sure he had experienced before. possessive? it made him instinctively wish to be closer, but he quelled the urge to close the gap between them. instead, imrathil opted for small talk. "sorry about the tight quarters. best i could do, given the circumstances. are you from around here?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.