Dawnlark Plains 'cause you're my present, my future, my lesson, my teacher
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
imrathil understood; caves were dark, small, and not the world befit of canine predators. they proudly stalked the earth, they did not burrow it. he supposed that for beasts made for such endeavors, a cave must be a welcoming place -- for him it was another hole to survive in, and just that.

drageda should have meant something to imrathil -- it certainly meant something to ingram -- but bereft of memory, imrathil thought it just another name he had never heard before. to him, it sounded draconian, fierce and as proud as the name she wielded.

"i'd like to see the coast someday." he responded, his voice almost forlorn. something had always pulled him back, unbeknownst to him, to his very roots -- but life had found a way to obstruct his subconscious' goals, and imrathil was as hopelessly shored to the mainland as a shipwreck. "i guess.. you could say i'm from around here." he didn't want to share his life-story with blodreina, sad as it was. not because he didn't want to talk to her, but because he somehow felt ashamed of it -- and maybe she would, too.

"there's a small band of wolves i stay with," he further explained, realizing he may have sounded cryptic when it had not been his intention. it was then the roar of the wind snarled its way into the cave, chilling him to the bone. he instinctively shut his eyes and braced against the windchill, only to open them and see (and feel) blodreina's pelt pressed up against him. it set his blood coursing, and a scarlet hue rose to his cheeks, obscured by his blackened pelt. "it-- it is cold." he fumbled, feeling none of his usual suave charm - not with her so close, and not with her.. well... you know. he didn't want to think of it, because he was afraid he might give in -- somehow to him it felt inappropriate, and he did not want to make her uncomfortable. faking a smile that was way more secure than he felt, imrathil added: "we could probably go down a little further, but it seems like it gets smaller. maybe this was a fox cave, or something.." he realized he didn't necessarily want small talk -- he wanted to be next to her; tentatively he shifted so that their flanks were touching, the adolescent boy in him trilling inwardly with overwhelming excitement.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.