Ankyra Sound i kill with my heart
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
’no.’

the word seemed as though it had been waiting on the tip of her tongue before the question had even been asked. he had wanted another answer, but he could not have been disappointed in the one he’d gotten. her honesty was only appreciated. as grateful as he was, illidan could not help but feel the bitter sting of that single word and the weight that it carried. it was one thing to assume unhappiness in another, but it was an entirely different thing to have that confirmed.

caiaphas muttered something to him that sounded like an empty life lesson. surely, it had meaning… but illidan was not in the mood to listen to such things, or to retain the value of their lessons. he was more surprised that his question had been turned back to him. her pointed stare felt like fire on his pelt.

“i don’t know…” he started in a quiet voice. the words hitched against the back of his throat before he gritted his teeth and shook his head. it took a moment to steady himself. when he looked back to her, it was with a new hardness to his gaze. “i do not know if i have been anything but unhappy.” tit for tat; if she would share her honesty with him, then he had no reason to give her anything different.
Messages In This Thread
i kill with my heart - by Illidan - March 27, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Caiaphas - April 10, 2019, 04:20 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Illidan - April 11, 2019, 02:36 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Caiaphas - April 12, 2019, 12:00 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Illidan - April 23, 2019, 04:34 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Caiaphas - April 24, 2019, 12:10 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Illidan - April 25, 2019, 04:29 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Caiaphas - April 27, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Illidan - May 02, 2019, 04:29 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Caiaphas - May 04, 2019, 09:42 PM
RE: i kill with my heart - by Illidan - June 12, 2019, 12:10 AM