Heron Lake Plateau You bring an energy I've never felt before
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin rolled her eyes at her kids, who apparently were sadly uneducated about Redhawk awesomeness. She was biased, of course, towards Wildfire since she had belonged to Fin from the very beginning and they'd always shared a special bond. But she allowed them their opinions, knowing they too had formed special bonds with some Redhawks over others as she had. They did at least all agree that Towhee ranked pretty high up there and that Titmouse was dead last, anyway.

At Tegan's response to her lewd comment, Finley reacted as all good mothers do when their sex life is painted in such vivid color by their children and gave a snort of appreciative laughter. "I raised you right, kid," Fin commented, shooting her daughter a mildly apologetic grin as she expressed the reaction Fin had originally been expecting from them both. She felt a glimmer of hope that Fiadh might be sticking around when she mentioned her excitement about getting a few new siblings, but she didn't voice it as the conversation moved ahead to Tegan and then Fiadh.

"They're still here," Fin answered, sliding right past the stick-up-his-ass title she knew probably belonged to Quixote, "I expect we'll be getting news that Raven's pregnant again any day now. 'Tis the season for baby-making and I'm betting they're both ready to get to work, if they haven't done so already."

Fin hung around with them for the remainder of the afternoon, catching up and learning more about where her daughter had been and where she was headed next. She was, of course, disappointed to learn that Fiadh wouldn't be staying, but she couldn't fault the girl for it. Fin herself had once upon a time left home to see the world. At least her daughter had the decency to stop in from time to time to say hello, which is something she'd never done for her own parents. Though to be fair, hers were probably pretty okay with that. It just went to show that Fin was pretty good at this mom thing, and looking at the pair of them that day, she was confident she'd done at least a couple of things right.

Messages In This Thread
You bring an energy I've never felt before - by Fiadh - April 10, 2019, 10:29 AM
RE: You bring an energy I've never felt before - by Finley - May 30, 2019, 12:26 PM