Heron Lake Plateau I don't love you; but I always will.
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
Random Event 
Set for April 16th; kids are just old enough to start eating regurgitated meat.

The woman had been relocated with some prompting, now living in the den she shared with @Phox and rarely, if ever, leaving it. Her weight had begun to dip because of a lack of interest in food and water, which meant her milk production had become a little more hit-or-miss; both @Fennec and @Fig were going to suffer if it went on for much longer, but Camilla was in no state of mind to care. She felt empty. A meal ticket for the strange aliens that had been housed inside of her — nothing more than the delivery system for these weak and mewling babes who constantly begged for more, more, more. She heard them, felt them, but couldn't drum up the connection required of a mother.

Some connection had formed, however thin that line of fate might be. Her boy was larger and stronger by default and it was his crowing that roused her from a half-sleep, but it was the tiny golden child that she watched with her sad, tired eyes. Wishing for more of herself. Knowing that deep down she should've been trying harder to help them, to nurture them, but... They weren't real, not to Camilla. The boy was merely a shadow — an aptly named figment — and the girl? A bundle of gold spun from straw; a tiny life that should've been buried with her dead siblings. Whatever enlivened the tiny fox was something sinister, of this Camilla was certain. Her womb could bear nothing but death and darkness — —

Or so she believed.

Feeling a twinge in her gut - like she needed to pee - Camilla ignored the sensation until it felt too sharp and dire, and roused herself. She pushed aside the babes at her breast and staggered from the den, leaving the babes to the residual warmth left by her body, truthfully oblivious to how much they needed her. She managed a few steps before the sharp feeling came back. A hot and throbbing pain spasmed inside of her, and she gasped — awakened by this strange pain, so very much like a contraction, Camilla was briefly brought back to herself. To the terrible moment in her memory of the scattered babes around her in the grass. She looks around in a panic as if she is back there and seeing the carnage wrought by her own body, and felt he knees buckle.

With a mewling gasp — so very child-like in that instant — she hit the dirt, gritting her teeth in a grimace as the pain overwhelmed her from the inside. The spasm ended moments later, leaving the woman's body to cool in the thin fog while frog-song chorused throughout the plateau.
Messages In This Thread
I don't love you; but I always will. - by Spooky Camilla - April 10, 2019, 04:47 PM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Fennec - April 10, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Towhee - April 11, 2019, 09:39 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Phox - April 12, 2019, 09:10 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Towhee - April 12, 2019, 09:58 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Figment - April 20, 2019, 08:48 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Fennec - April 23, 2019, 09:58 PM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Phox - May 01, 2019, 01:43 PM