Felltree Marsh tin;beetroot;carrot;ebony;fruit;copper;silk;
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
it's all good!

lily sighed in relief as the woman explained the situation, but to cam, it sounded more ominous than anything. uh-oh. mummy was probably very angry with him, for straying away from the den all alone. he huddled down further, avoiding direct eye contact and dreading the walk back home.

but then his gaze went upward once more to the woman; he struggled to understand her, but knew the smile meant she was a friend. he gave her a timid one back, wagging his stubby tail gently back and forth.

well, you have my gratitude, lily responded, smiling. safe travels, wherever you go. the stranger retreated, leaving mother and son alone, the former still stiff-legged with worry, the latter peering curiously after the path that the woman took back into the swamp. a gruff noise (very out of character!) from his mum made him look up again, ears folding back.

you'll be the death of me, she remarked, voice wry. still, she smiled, and cam wasn't old enough to really grasp any meaning behind those words. she smiled, so she wasn't angry. no, instead, she bent to kiss his forehead, and he butted back into her with a contented little growl. let's go have a nap, eh?

ughhhhh. he knew that word, at least. but he was too excited to sleep!
Messages In This Thread
tin;beetroot;carrot;ebony;fruit;copper;silk; - by Cam - April 13, 2019, 12:28 AM
RE: tin;beetroot;carrot;ebony;fruit;copper;silk; - by Cam - May 18, 2019, 01:57 PM