Whitewater Gorge only one remained to haunt me.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Evergreen (forward dated to 5/23ish, if that works for you)

Several days passed. 

She turned west from where she'd wakened within the mountains, empty gaze turned ever forward. Surely, at some point things would change. 

In some ways they did - the rocky footpaths gave way to a vast swath of steppes - but she remained lost within, unable to pinpoint a location of familiarity or a purpose to her wandering. She was a woman of no name, no home, no family - without even fond memories to keep her company. 

The Gorge loomed upon her suddenly. Where once grass had obscured her vision, suddenly there was a split in the earth - a vast canyon where rushing waters waited to swallow what had once been Liri. 

Sluggishly, her speckled crown tilted forwards - chin bumping dully against her chest. Pain lanced through her skull as punishment for the careless motion, the wound at her temple leaking once more to streak her blood-rusted features with fresh crimson. 

The fae bared her teeth at the void - both for its tempting call to lose herself in the waters below and for causing her pain, however indirectly. 

She stumbled to the side, falling ungracefully upon the earth to lick the blood from her pale coat. 

It seemed her head injury had muddled her thoughts - even as she lapped the ruby droplets from her paws, more dribbled along the length of her features, dripping from her chin to her forelegs which she continued to dutifully groom with jerky movements. 

Survive some part of her screamed, as it always had.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
only one remained to haunt me. - by Síff - May 21, 2019, 06:07 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Evergreen - May 21, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Síff - May 21, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Evergreen - May 22, 2019, 12:59 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Síff - May 22, 2019, 03:07 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Evergreen - May 23, 2019, 07:13 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Síff - May 23, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Evergreen - May 23, 2019, 07:37 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Síff - May 23, 2019, 07:46 PM
RE: only one remained to haunt me. - by Evergreen - May 23, 2019, 07:53 PM