Blackfeather Woods come lay your bones on the alabaster stones
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the movement awakes her from her near-rest, lidded gaze tracking carefully the meandering steps of the stranger. she is a packmate, but that sentiment alone does not bring the comfort that it should. Cassiopeia shifts, gaze growing sharp, but the brief flash of sincere surprise when the woman finally stops is enough for her to soften her guard. the woman is impassive as she backpedals, but when the stranger stops she rises carefully from her children and moves forward to meet her, casting a backward glance at the two bundles and ignoring the stiffness in her limbs. "I can see that." she offered, head dipping a fraction in acceptance of her explanation. 

she gives her pelt a stiff shake, gaze moving back towards the woman. "I am Cassiopeia." she doesn't move to introduce the two children for the reason that it's obvious they are hers, and still remain nameless. those will come, she thinks surely, when she settles on something fitting. despite herself, her gaze shifts to the twin piles of feces, something heavy and reminiscent in her gaze. if Potema's line is doomed to madness, what does that mean of her own children? nothing. she will protect them from this possibility, too. they are better off with some unknown father, surely, than one who links them to this place. and for now, unknown he will remain. 

but her focus again is on the stranger, now, hoping her own greeting will prompt her to offer her own. despite it all, she could use allies. 
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: come lay your bones on the alabaster stones - by Cassiopeia - June 04, 2019, 03:59 PM