Ankyra Sound that it has returned to dust
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
i swear i saw scarab's ego inflate to 3x's bigger than his body writing this post, lmao

though admittedly scarab has not yet taken much interest in his packmates or their lives — and especially not the tumultuous nature of rusalka and it's seemingly ever changing leadership — it occurs to him abruptly that perhaps he should as a deep voice rings out into the darkness carrying with it an introduction. velen. scarab's life until this point revolved very much around himself, the suns and stars of his life and his menagerie. rosalyn let my mate and i stay. the name of one of the suns of scarab's life flows so easily off of this velen's lips and scarab's chin lifts in the darkness that conceals him.

scarab hadn't asked but this bit of information given freely made scarab feel dangerously important. in that moment, cloaked by rich, velveteen shadows he forgets that he is only ( almost ) three months old. rusalka and the sound is his birthright and thus why shouldn't newcomers need his approval, too? rosalyn's judgement should have been enough for her son but this game feels too fun to not see how far he can take it.

i am scarab, he offers imperiously after a moment; a name for a name; and though it goes unseen a sly smile dances at the edges of his lips. what brought you and your mate to rusalka? and what enticed them to stay in the fallout of continuous upheaval?
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Messages In This Thread
that it has returned to dust - by Scarab - July 06, 2019, 08:02 AM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Velen - July 12, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Scarab - July 13, 2019, 03:54 AM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Velen - July 14, 2019, 04:50 PM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Scarab - July 17, 2019, 04:07 AM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Velen - July 20, 2019, 03:04 PM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Scarab - July 27, 2019, 03:57 AM
RE: that it has returned to dust - by Velen - August 14, 2019, 12:52 PM