Moonspear you were never made to fly
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
What a heart-wrenching affair, truly. He could only empathize so far before finding whatever else mustered in that space to be at best a fabrication. Trying to put himself in her shoes didn't help either. He knew in that position he would have been naturally devastated, but to want to join them? He couldn't fathom that, not in the slightest. Perhaps he had simply outgrown the necessity of needing his mother, or perhaps the time he had spent away from her now outshone what time he had spent.

Not that his childhood was by any means as remarkable or comforting as the one that embraced Yama and her siblings. It was quite the opposite. He found himself searching for the right things to say as she whispered on, and his ears folded gently with the only sympathy he thought best to express.

"It's natural to miss them," he started, voice betraying the uncertainty that lingered in his thoughts. "But they are with you, even if it isn't in a physical sense. You are of both your mother and your father, are you not?" Two parts to make a whole, or in this case, herself. If not for that particular combination and their station, perhaps her life would have been very different indeed.

"Come, walk with me. Tell me about them—what will you miss? I only knew them so much, but you have the privilege to share their stories." He gestured back the way he had come, only turning towards it slightly. Anything to take them down from such a high perch, though to suggest his interest in them was anything but genuine would have been a lie. He knew little of grief, or whether or not this would help, yet the inclination to help was strong.

i am so sorry for holding this up @Yama! my full time schedule started up for the season. :(
Messages In This Thread
you were never made to fly - by Yama - July 07, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Dirge - July 12, 2019, 01:59 PM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Yama - July 21, 2019, 02:21 AM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Dirge - July 23, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Yama - August 04, 2019, 12:38 AM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Dirge - August 06, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Yama - August 18, 2019, 01:47 AM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Dirge - September 09, 2019, 05:56 PM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Yama - October 14, 2019, 12:03 AM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Dirge - October 14, 2019, 10:06 PM
RE: you were never made to fly - by Yama - December 05, 2019, 02:43 AM