Lake Rodney Staring death in the face
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
"Okay. Okay, yeah," he said with a nod, and his tongue flashed across his lips, nervous. "Along the water, purplish-belled flower," he repeated her information to himself, even as he began to turn away. "Got it. I'll be right back!"

He stole away along the waters edge, and began looking. And looking. And prodding, and looking. Only normal grass, and normal flowers. Nothing that matched the description his patient had given him. Nothing even remotely close.

And his nerves built with every minute that passed, and his movements grew less confident, more jerky. He still had the marigold, he still had the cobwebs. He could still do something to help her. But the comfrey, how was he supposed to heal her if he couldn't find that?

How was he supposed to even find that?

His desperation mounted, and like he always did when uncertainty or anything overtook him, he began to pray. "Father, I know You see me," he said underbreath, peering around another rock. Nothing but dirt, and he turned searching eyes to the left, "I know You see her. Please," he moved aside another low-lying branch, "Please, help me." It was then he turned around, in a spontaneous whirl of anxious energy - and it was then he saw the bush. Inconspicuous, but he felt a pull to draw closer. And at first, he hesitated, and turned around.

Paused.

And then turned back, covered the ground with relative ease, and plunged his head straight between the branches of the shrubbery -

and the purple-belled flowers greeted him from within.

No way. he backed out of the bush, and paused, blinking. No. Way. But why did he question this? Hadn't the One always been with him? And this place was no different. The One had seen him, his Father still saw him, and Kaito plunged back into the shrubbery and set to work, digging through the ground around plant, while a soundless song of praise filled his heart. 

--

When he returned to the stranger, he looked a little worse for wear, with bits of plant life and dirt staining his fur, but his pale eyes shone with a strength renewed by the reassurance that the One walked with him still, even through this.

"Comfrey!" he declared with muffled words, through a smile and a mouth full of plants, and with tender care he lay the flowers next to the cobwebs and marigold, and set to work on the poultice to apply to the stranger's wounds.

"I never got your name. I'm Kaito Kalderon, from Chandor - but right now, kind of from no where." His head still reeled with what had happened back there along the lakeside, and though his mouth swarmed with conversation, everything felt otherworldly almost, and not quite real, "Do you have family here? How did you get hurt like this?"
Messages In This Thread
Staring death in the face - by Serem - August 04, 2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Kaito - August 04, 2019, 03:39 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Serem - August 04, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Kaito - August 19, 2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Serem - August 19, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Kaito - September 08, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Serem - September 10, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Kaito - September 12, 2019, 09:52 PM
RE: Staring death in the face@ - by Serem - September 14, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Kaito - November 16, 2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Staring death in the face - by Serem - November 16, 2019, 12:45 PM