Blackfeather Woods i took the stars from my eyes and made a man
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
what had caused a fracture in her mind had been but an inconvenient blip for the world around her. with her energy snuffed out like the weak flame it truly was, the wood's returned to the peace she'd so selfishly destroyed with her racket. it was as if nothing had ever happened; she could've fucking died or killed someone and the world would carry on as if nothing had happened. the seasons would change, generations grow and die and nothing would ever change. so like...what was the point? why were they these beings capable of such raw emotions; from euphoria to depression to rage to guilt...all chipping away at them and making them stupid, stupid, st u p i d. could they not mindlessly follow nature's path and do whatever the hell they were meant to without all this? she exhales heavily, dull eyes peering up at the monste- man, he's a man not a damn monster. but then....define monster, was he not in some ways a nightmare to her? she snorts softly to herself, lifting eyes to the thick canopy above- desperately seeking a break in which she could see the stars. needing it more than she'd ever felt a need for food or water. she's only met with the suffocating darkness of leaves waving tauntingly down at her.

she winces; gaze dropping heavily to meet his. what was he thinking? probably pissed off that the ethereal woman that got him so excited with her detached, spiritual presence that held her so above everyone else turned out to be as fucked up and human as anyone else. she snorts again, ears pinning against her head as the wispy tail lying abandoned on the earth gives a restless flick. inky orbs rest carelessly on his own, as icy and sharp as ever but struggling to stir anything in the hollow look he receives. was he studying her? could she blame him? she was probably some kind of project to him, this was probably quite interesting to observe. she raises her eyes once more before looking back. in reality she was actually trying to avoid looking too closely, nervous to find disgust lingering in that cold look even if she claimed not to care. yet her self control is slipping like water through trembling fingers as the dam within continues to slowly crumble and wave after wave she's hit. each with an agonizing force stronger than the last and with it comes a dull realization that should this continue as it means to, she'll surely drown. she swallows hastily, it brings with it a fear she's never experienced. no threat of war or death could be as frightening to the ghost as the collapse of her own mind. please. it's all she utters back to the rushing.

so she looks at him now, really sees him. her brows crease. it's so slight, anyone else would never notice her but despite their encounters only being few the two knew how the other worked. he was....struggling. her heart shudders uncomfortably as she watches with an open curiosity, big eyes engrossed in the scene before her. it seems he finally pins down what stray thing had broken free from his mind as that familiar veil falls back down again and he hardens. she doesn't even bother trying to follow suit, simply blinking slowly. 

"No."

she doesn't flinch, wretched gaze not wavering in the slightest as she continues to watch wordlessly. 

you're lying

yet her mouth refuses to say it, tongue feeling heavy in her jaws and she fears should she force it to attempt her speech will simply come out slurred.

so she forces weary muscles to push her body from the cold earth and stand. and walk. and then she's before him, head craned back to look up at his face before she pushes forward in some sort of aggressive embrace. she doesn't seek comfort in the action nor is she simply testing him; the action falls in some dark place inbetween as she inhales him. unlike the first time she'd been this close to him she does not push forward to bite at him or anything of the sort; she simply remains pressed against him- listening curiously to the thud of his heart against her face. 

perhaps she did it to stir something within her, perhaps...perhaps rather than testing him she was attempting to test herself. see if this stirred anything within her and if maybe it could take over what else raged on, using him selfishly like a drug. she breathes slowly, still curious too as to what this would do to him. the whole unknown factor still granting a little buzz to sluggish blood. 

might as well see if rotten can cancel out rotten.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i took the stars from my eyes and made a man - by Tundra - August 05, 2019, 07:03 PM
RE: i took the stars from my eyes and made a man - by Tundra - August 23, 2019, 02:59 PM