Silverlight Terrace [BWP P2] it runs through the tips of my fingers, into my hands
Wild Fauna
Shared Account
105 Posts
Ooc —
Random Event 
Breaking my own no-FWD dating threads to get PHASE 2 on the books, as I won't be able to post tomorrow. Dated for 9/16/19.

It began with a long quake, loud and jarring. Any animals that had not yet fled the area lay down or stood stock-still in fear and confusion. Those who were standing could not stand for long and had to lay down for the shaking, which seemed to last forever. In truth it was only about a minute. When it was over, all of Silverlight Terrace seemed to breathe a collective sigh of relief. 

But it was not over yet. 

Suddenly, a strange, deep, splitting crack could be heard from the mountain range surrounding the Terrace. The earthquake had loosened a massive chunk of rock from one of the peaks. Seemingly in slow-motion, it fell from the place where it had clung for centuries and crashed into the slope of the mountain. Nothing was slow-motion anymore. With frightening speed, it rolled and tumbled down the mountain, bringing with it all manner of smaller rocks and loose soil. The sound was enormous, a roaring unlike anything that had been heard before, as if the rockslide were a dragon that had previously been sleeping inside the mountain range.

With greater speed, this huge gathering of rocks and soil that now looked more like roiling smoke plummeted down, down, down… It hit the ground. Anyone standing where it had come down would be dead now. Dead and silent and still, like the aftermath of the rockslide. It ended just as quickly as it had begun, and now all that was left in its wake was a dusty cloud where the slide had settled and a ringing in the ears of anyone nearby.

Messages In This Thread
[BWP P2] it runs through the tips of my fingers, into my hands - by ThE nArRaToR - September 15, 2019, 02:36 PM