Blacktail Deer Plateau I can taste it, the end is upon us
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
All Welcome 
His encounter with @Clementine had shaken him more than the vibrations of the angry earth, and it wasn't until days had passed that Firefly took notice of where his path had led; he had fled from Kaistleoki in a fit of panic, spurred by self-preservation, yet was drawn towards the mountainside with its slopes creeping ever closer to the plateau, knowing full well that there was more danger here than open ground, because he wanted to see her again. The pale blush of her coat and the way her face had lit up like @Erzulie's... Her voice, and her revulsion, playing over and over in his head as he crept closer to where the scents had become strong.

Firefly wondered, what sort of person was she? What about the others — how many children had he given to @Rosalyn or her wife? How many grew to look like their mothers, and would any of them look like him? Have his dark coat, his pale eyes? He had thought to camp along the edge of the territory until someone took notice of him; he wanted to make the reunion perfect, despite the growing dread in his gut that both of the women — and likely an angry @Caiaphas, a betrayed @Illidan — might come for him instead.

But they were so close, he thought. Having missed the difficulties of their childhood and the ruinous chaos of their home being destroyed (of which he had not considered), Firefly had one mission in mind and that was to reunite with them, to tell them of his part in their creation — meeting them, coming home. He knew — rather, thought he knew, expected — he would not be accepted back with open arms; maybe open mouths, scissoring fangs, but he almost wanted that to happen too. Maybe his kids were big enough and strong enough to face him in a fight, and he'd be able to test their abilities himself.

He found the scent markers of their relocated claim and crossed them. Firefly's trail was obvious and he did not try to hide himself; but he didn't call out either. Not until the ground began another quake, one which came so suddenly, sharply, that he was jarred from his thoughts of a possible future among the rough-and-tumble creatures of Rusalka. The ground shifted beneath his very paws and as he lunged for a seemingly stable cluster of stonework, the soil pulled away from him, as if the very land was plotting his downfall. His steps flailed in the air for a few seconds.

The rocks slid down, rumbling, clattering together like a gambler's toss of dice; but this was not a lucky moment for Firefly, as he was swept up by it. By the time the rumbling of the mountainside stopped, the stones were settled in place at the end of a gulley off the ledge of the plateau; it formed a slide of uneven earth, and at the bottom was the dark body draped in gold, sullied by dust and blood.

His life, his love, his luck, had finally run out.

Bye-bye Mr. Fly guy, you were hella fun. I will miss you. (Reference tags: @Scarab @Marisol @Nieve @Niamh)
Messages In This Thread
I can taste it, the end is upon us - by RIP Firefly - October 14, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 02:54 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 03:21 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 04:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 04:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 16, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 06:57 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Aningan - October 16, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - October 17, 2019, 10:15 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 18, 2019, 06:12 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 18, 2019, 07:36 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - November 06, 2019, 06:17 PM