Blacktail Deer Plateau I can taste it, the end is upon us
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Although the commotion caused by the landslide had not gone unheard (surely, even a deaf wolf could have heard that), Aningan was not particularly quick to respond. His attention was on the coast and searching for a vantage point from which he could better observe it, wishing each and every day that they may soon be able to return home. But something pulled his attention elsewhere eventually, be it a scent he hadn’t even realised he’d picked up on or something different altogether, he couldn’t be certain. Whatever the cause, he was soon seeking out the damage issued by the quake, where he found far more than he had ever expected.

A woman as dark as a shadow was just leaving when he entered the scene, hackles rising subconsciously with the realisation that she shouldn’t have been there, to begin with. He followed her with his gaze until she was naught but a speck in the distance, then redirected his attention towards his pack mates. A thick, metallic scent hung in the air, originating from just next to those familiar faces—originating from yet another familiar face, crushed beneath the weight of the mountainous upset and torn apart by forces he did not want to know.

The man had stolen from Caiaphas, he remembered. There was even a time way back when the young leader had recklessly engaged the other male in a fight; he could not recall having ever thought fondly of Firefly, driven early on by his loyalty to the sea witch to rebel against him. But that past did not make him deserving of this fate, not even in Aningan’s eyes. He looked between those two still living before saying, “We should bury him.” It was all he could think to do, the only way he thought his soul might find its way home.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
Messages In This Thread
I can taste it, the end is upon us - by RIP Firefly - October 14, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 02:54 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 03:21 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 04:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 04:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 16, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 06:57 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Aningan - October 16, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - October 17, 2019, 10:15 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 18, 2019, 06:12 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 18, 2019, 07:36 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - November 06, 2019, 06:17 PM