Sun Mote Copse i've seen her kick in a door before.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
All Welcome 
Fin's heartbreak over losing Colt had eventually lessened enough that she had mostly returned to herself and her family. It hadn't gone away entirely--the Blackthorn had experienced enough loss in her life by now that she knew not to expect that it would. It had simply become tolerable. It was like an ocean tide now, and she was the shore. It would periodically overwhelm her and she would withdraw, drowning beneath its depths. But then, it was slip away, and she could breathe for a little while in spite of knowing that it would eventually come back around again. Such was life, especially for one as old as she, potentially so lose to her own end.

But that was some fairly morose shit for one of the days where the tide was out. Finley had other things to draw her attention now. She nudged Crow and Pox on their temples in turn and tried to give them an encouraging smile as they trotted off into the woods together. She had tried to hunt with them, but there'd been nothing to find. They had been disappointed, but she had consoled them that that was just the way it worked out sometimes. Most times, in fact. She'd known that wouldn't settle Pox's frustration--he was far too stubborn and determined to settle for anything less than absolute victory--but he could take out his frustrations by beating on Crow for a while. He beat back, but that was just good for them both.

Turning, Finley trotted away herself, weaving through the trees until she eventually found a trickle of water running along at her paws. Fin leaned down to lap up a few mouthfuls, thinking about how not so long ago, this stream had been ten times this size. Things were not going well. She was worried. And that was definitely not the type of distraction from her loss that she had been hoping for.

Messages In This Thread
i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - October 22, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - November 01, 2019, 11:15 AM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - November 06, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - November 11, 2019, 11:49 AM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - November 15, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - November 18, 2019, 10:21 AM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - November 27, 2019, 01:30 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - December 03, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - December 05, 2019, 06:27 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - December 10, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - December 14, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - December 16, 2019, 11:46 AM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - December 20, 2019, 03:28 PM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Sugar Glider - December 21, 2019, 11:51 AM
RE: i've seen her kick in a door before. - by Finley - December 21, 2019, 07:26 PM