Herbalists' Cache like the river runs
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
'no'

expected to the point of no disappointment accompanying the uttering, just a resigned nod as a soft sigh billows from pale jaws. she does not really expect there to be anything after that but experiences the briefest flicker of something akin to relief when more words slip into the air. her mind latches onto them greedily, anxious to admit its reluctance to return to a lonesome existence after the last month of days blurring into each other until it was all just one indistinguishable blur of surviving. 

eyes of shifting shadows trail the path of his fiery orbs, wincing against the destruction despite herself. sometimes she believed herself immune to it by now yet at the oddest of moments it would strike her once more and pain would writhe up through her being to have to see the earth so damaged. running a tongue over dry lips, the woman shakes her head in echoed disbelief. "me neitherit's but a rasp, a pathetic mirror of the silky tones that used to slip so effortlessly from black lips but lack of use had made it a suiting touch to her current bedraggled demeanour. "it really is as if the world is angry, i'm quite practical i don't really believe in gods or what not but if ever there was a time for it...she muses softly, a faraway look to eyes usually so sharp. shivering lightly despite the lack of any sort of breeze, she focuses back on the man and opens jaws hesitantly. "were you heading anywhere in particular? or just trying to escape this suffocating...what? unable to find a suiting word to describe where they stood, she opts for trailing off glumly.

pride still shimmers about her, hungry and desperate as she may be there's a stubborn refusal to let it and yet, she hates herself for the level at which she wishes he might seek her to accompany him for should he not she'd surely find herself left to her own company once more. it wasn't the type of company she tended to enjoy as much anymore.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
like the river runs - by Hono - October 26, 2019, 12:43 PM
RE: like the river runs - by Tundra - October 28, 2019, 09:52 AM
RE: like the river runs - by Hono - November 01, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: like the river runs - by Tundra - November 15, 2019, 08:52 PM