Witch's Marsh but at least i've got you in my head
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

Oh gods. Not again.
It was starting again.

Kukulkan was completely happy resigning himself to the shelter of the trees and their canopies as the damp chill moved in, making way for absolute silence and finally it. The gentle white flurries. The southern boy was not a fan of this fact of the north, it smelled different and teased as though it could not dampen him but always managed to. It was deceptive and bone-chilling but in the most terribly subtle of ways, until it was no longer subtle.

At least in the south when something was going to kill you, or try to, you knew damn well it was coming.

With his shoulders hunched and his fur puffed and bristled, the large wolf shivered moreso out of distaste than true coldness as the clouds shed its nasty dandruff onto the ground, where it then decided to melt. Gross. For the most part the branches that stretched up and entangled themselves caught a fair amount of the snow, but seeing as most of the leaves had found their way to the floor, K was still as exposed as ever. Big and burly and hotblooded as he may be, he truly, truly hated snows.

That latent bitterness was starting to sink in deep, until a familiar voice echoed somewhere out in the soft white distance. His ears perked up, eyes finally opening from their stubborn squinting, as he scanned the marsh for a few seconds before catching glimpse of Ibis. Had it not been for her moving, he might have missed her mostly-white form against the blend of snow. Picking his legs up quickly, the brute hurried after her, huffs and puffs of hot air steaming from his lips as he did so.

By the time he caught up, he had noticed the other one - a black female laid out against some bedrocks - but he had not arrived in time to catch her name. Instead he heard "Isn't it so pretty? I love snow!" and felt a shiver wave down his spine as his limbs tensed to keep warm, as though in doing so he could will the snows to avoid collecting on his fur altogether.

"Heya Ibis, an'...?" His bright eyes settled on the stranger, leaving that question hanging for half a second before letting out a dramatic brrrr and shaking his pelt to let loose any accumulated melted crystals. "Wish I could say the'same heh, ain't really a fan of'all this..." An odd chuckle as he finished it off, his playful tone accented by that crooked smile.

And to gracefully top it off, a rather clunky snowflake managed to find its way to his nose as he inhaled, leaving him to sneeze most horrendously and shoot himself back a step as he tried to recover. Fuck this snow.

@Ibis @Bhediya
[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
Messages In This Thread
but at least i've got you in my head - by Bhediya - November 12, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 12, 2019, 06:08 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Kukulkan - November 12, 2019, 06:36 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Bhediya - November 12, 2019, 07:11 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 12, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Bhediya - December 01, 2019, 01:49 PM
RE: but at least i've got you in my head - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 01, 2019, 05:30 PM