Stavanger Bay Crab cakes
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
It was in the moment, watching the woman eat her fill, that she found herself even more determined to master fishing. She would be the best fisher in the area, and if needed, she'd be ready to teach others the technique as she'd been taught. She would be sure to give Valkyrie her due credit. "Fishing is definitely not something we did back home," she said, smiling rather wide. She nodded her head when the woman made mention that hares were probably more her fortay, it would be a truth she couldn't deny but the lithe woman rather preferred chasing down fowl than the light footed rabbit anyday.

"We hunted down plenty of hares, deer and badger. You know the like. I preferred the birds myself. They were difficult, and hard to catch off guard, but the adrenaline is enough to make anyone addicted." she said with a smile, reminiscing of the times when she'd catch one nearly in the air, feathers flying everywhere. It was a sight for the world to see. "I'll get this fishing down too, if anything, I won't give up." she said while coming back to the bank, ignoring the piece left behind from Valkyrie. She'd catch her own even if it took all night--she only hoped it wouldn't.

She settled into the water nearly elbow deep and watched the first visitor come near, it inspected the rocks below for food. She didn't move, not wanting the fish to flee from her shadow as it came close to her dark paws, unaware of the fate that could become of it. She waited, creeping near the surface of the water with the carefulness of a cat nearing to pounce on an unexpected mouse and when she felt the adrenaline in her nearly explode she launched toward her target, jaws wide. It was quick but her teeth clamped down on the small fish, its muscles wiggling within her grasp with a ferocity that she hadn't anticipated but it only made her clamp down harder until she slung it quickly to the ground where it would settle down in defeat. Panting as though she'd run a marathon she looked to Valkyrie expectedly, yipping in delight at her flapping prize.
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
Messages In This Thread
Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - December 03, 2019, 08:21 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Katya Noir - December 06, 2019, 12:01 AM
RE: Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - December 06, 2019, 11:53 AM
RE: Crab cakes - by Katya Noir - December 16, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - December 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Katya Noir - December 18, 2019, 11:30 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - December 19, 2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Crab cakes - by Katya Noir - December 26, 2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - December 31, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Katya Noir - January 04, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: Crab cakes - by Vallkyrie - January 07, 2020, 11:43 PM