Stone Circle you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
He watched her think with a wordless smile. The way she studied with such intent, the way her ears splayed, the way she tried to taste the bark, even after he'd declared these materials wholly inedible for the use in which they would use them today. Kaito felt hard-pressed to stay professional with her. That had been much easier when she had remained unpresent, an abstract concept resigned to his thoughts. That Arlette was easy to dismiss, to forget and put aside... being with the real Arlette, seeing with those little gesture that made her the wolf he was beginning to know, made him wonder why he'd ever wanted to forget her at all.

Kaito wasn't surprised when she admitted her lack of understanding. He thought of giving her more time - prompting her with clues... another teacher might have, someone more trained to instruct. But he was simply Kaito, and at the end of all things, he still felt more a helpful friend than a teacher to her. "We're actually gonna try making splints today, for broken bones," he said, and stepped alongside her. The ends of his fur just brushed against hers, and he felt the familiar heat spread through his skin. A warning, a danger... he stiffened, but did not pull away. "Here," he crouched and sprung up, so that his front paws perched on the rock. "I collected a bunch of different materials for this - grasses, water reeds - you name it. The sticks'll be used as the splint itself. So our goal is to find a plant that's strong enough to keep the wood in place, or a couple of plants we can weave together and seal with sap to make something stronger to use. I think the trick'll be to find material that's sturdy, but flexible," with this, he turned his warm gaze upon her, "Why don't you choose first?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days - by Kaito - January 19, 2020, 04:17 PM