Blacktail Deer Plateau And I don't remember all of my mistakes
163 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't have the answer he sought, at least not to the hows and whys of challenges. There were wolves out there who challenged the hierarchy for any number of reasons. Some sought to suss out a weak link that could be exploited. Others sought to determine whether a pack was strong enough to suit them. Some connected with others by brusquely breaking down barriers via such direct action. Others truly did challenge because they couldn't respect the wolf above them. Nieve... Nieve had yet to challenge and it was because she saw no reason to. Like Rosalyn, she believed in earning respect, not taking it by force.

A part of her wondered if she was wrong to feel that way, and if she would never truly be respected in Rusalka until she flexed a little herself... but that was neither here nor there, and it was swept from her mind when Aningan posed his next question. Oh, no, she didn't say anything. I tried to stop a fight between her and another boy in the pack once and she yelled at me, but she didn't say why she challenged me. To an inexperienced juvenile, these offences were one and the same.

Yeah, sure, she responded next, offering Aningan a warmer smile. Yeah, once wolves get to know you then they'll see you for who you are and I think they'd definitely respect you for more than just being our leader then. She wasn't sure if she was the only one who hardly knew their Alpha, but if there were others, surely they would respect him more if they knew him better. There was also the possibility they would respect him less if they got to know him and found his personality unfavourable... but Nieve, ever an optimistic thinker, didn't think of that.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - January 22, 2020, 10:59 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - January 22, 2020, 11:40 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - January 25, 2020, 09:30 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - January 31, 2020, 12:06 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - February 01, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - February 02, 2020, 07:51 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - February 14, 2020, 10:49 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - February 23, 2020, 05:25 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - March 02, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - March 11, 2020, 10:01 PM