Stone Circle Now I am as devoted to you as I can be without crossing the line
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He didn’t know what to expect, whether it be acceptance or shouts—but the why that left her mouth wasn’t even on the list of possibilities. There was a moment of silence, his weight shifting back and forth with discomfort, whilst he struggled to grasp his thoughts. Wasn’t the why as obvious as the day was bright? “You know why,” was the first thing he said, gaze averted. Didn’t she know? And if he didn’t, then what? Drawing in a deep breath, he raised his head to better look at her, gaze seeking out her own.

“Because I care about you,” were the next words spoken. But it wasn’t that simple—things never were. To care for someone was one thing but Xan… “No, that’s not entirely true,” came next, added with a slow shake of his head. That wasn’t the entirety of it, only a portion. “Laurel, I love you. That’s why I came back. That’s why I’m here now.” Love was a foreign emotion to the Apaata, more so than he was willing to admit. But there was no other word he could match with how he felt other than that—even after everything, he still found comfort in her presence, in knowing that she would be there. He still saw her as his friend, the last of few, and perhaps the best of them all. Love was all he could use to explain himself, it was what kept him coming back.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”