Whitefish River Someone Tell Me Something Comforting
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The disappearance of Evergreen and Winterbourne had weighed heavily on the healer over the last few days. She worried about the toll it was taking on Ira. She was very close to having the puppies and the last thing she needed was the distress of their missing fathers. She was also very worried about the two men; it wasn't like either of them to just disappear, especially right now. So where the hell where they? She, too, feared the worst—that they had been hurt or worse. But she was confined within the borders now, with her due date just around the corner, and she felt completely helpless. She hated to imagine them alone somewhere injured without anyone to help them. But she had to trust that the pack would find them. In the mean time, she needed to take care of Ira. 

She had taken to sleeping near the den once she was sure the Count and Grocer were officially missing. It was not ideal given how pregnant she was at this point and she knew @Emrik wouldn't be happy about it, but she wanted to be close in case she was needed. 

She had not slept well that night, unable to shake the feeling that something wasn't right, and she had kept her mate up with her restlessness. Occasionally, she would get up and wander closer to the Constable's den just to check in on things. She had already stocked various plants outside the opening of the den, which offered some comfort to the healer, but not much. 

She did manage to fall asleep at some point in the early morning, waking a few hours later and slowly getting up to check on Ira again. She heard the Constable cry out for her, and her heart jumped into her throat. She sprinted forward as fast as she could manage, ignoring her leader's wishes in her moment of panic and rushing right inside the den. There were already two puppies; they were crying out against the sudden absence of their mother while she struggled to birth a third puppy. There was no time for asking permission, and she would deal with the outcome later. Speedy rushed forward, noticing when she got closer that this puppy seemed to be stuck. Watching Ira struggle hurt her heart, and she would do anything to make it better. She reached down and gently clasped the puppy between her teeth, and when Ira pushed again, she helped guide the child out. The Constable was quick to take over from there, cleaning the boy and pulling him close. 

It wasn't long before a fourth puppy joined them in the den, this one coming much easier. Speedy visually checked the other three as Ira cleaned the girl, making sure they all appeared healthy. The four of them were born and snuggled close to mom and when Speedy looked over at Ira, she grew immediately worried. It was normal to be tired, but the Constable seemed to be more than that. The smell of blood hit the healer as well, and she turned her attention to the source. Fear tightened her chest. It looked like too much blood, and Speedy was worried there might have been some kind of complication. Shit. She refused to let anything happen to Ira. She drew in a deep breath and forced her mind to calm so that she could think. She remembered something her mother had told her about oak leaves. Her round form hurried outside and she clasped a bundle of the leaves she needed as well as water-soaked moss. Then she quickly went back inside. Ira? she said gently, offering licks to her cheek to try and rouse her. Ira, I know you're tired, but I need you to eat these and drink some water. Then you can rest. she licked her cheek again and waited, heart racing as she fought the tears. She could cry about it later. But right now, she needed to make sure the new mother was okay.
Messages In This Thread
Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - May 27, 2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - May 27, 2020, 01:57 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Emrik - May 27, 2020, 02:12 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Wynter - May 27, 2020, 02:17 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Nutmeg - May 27, 2020, 11:53 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 03, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - June 03, 2020, 10:41 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 05, 2020, 09:17 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - June 09, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 10, 2020, 01:49 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - June 16, 2020, 07:25 PM