Whitefish River I could offer you a warm embrace
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
@Malila @Mohe
@Emrik for visibility, but he's welcome to join too
set for early evening
making some vague assumptions about the @Spica/@Syrma drama, but i can edit if needed

It had been almost a week, and Speedy had settled into her new routine with relative ease. There was still a huge hole in her heart left from everything that had happened with the twins, but she tried not dwell too much on it. But the times when Emrik was gone, and she was alone in the den with her newest son and daughter were the most difficult; that was when the guilt started creeping into her thoughts from the back of her mind to tell her that this was all her fault. But whenever the guilt tried to turn her peaceful time with the puppies into something toxic and filled with anxiety, she found that watching the tiny new additions just exist helped soothe her heart a great deal. 

The sun had set not too long ago, and with it Emrik had left for a patrol after bringing her something to eat, which she had gobbled down pretty quickly; she had forgotten how hungry nursing puppies made her, and she was most grateful for any food brought to the den. With her belly full, she shifted to lay on her side, careful not to disturb her son and daughter who were sleeping soundly against her. She knew they would wake soon to eat, so she took the quiet moment to try and nap some herself. 

Her gaze moved slowly over what she could see from the den entrance, which wasn't much. It was already dark, but the light from the moon glowed bright against the trees outside, enough that she sleepily studied the illuminated branches for a few moments as a yawn parted her lips. She drew in a deep breath and released it slowly, her eyes drifting closed as she exhaled. In that moment, she was free from her troubling thoughts, at least long enough to let contentment settle in her heart as she let the sounds of her sleeping children send her into a light slumber.
Messages In This Thread
I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - June 16, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Mohe - June 17, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Malila - June 20, 2020, 10:58 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - June 23, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Mohe - June 23, 2020, 07:54 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Malila - July 01, 2020, 11:00 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - July 07, 2020, 10:57 PM