Totoka River annan water
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

It was a curious thing, that the swirling current of the river did not drown out his voice completely. Rather, it seemed to be its perfect accompaniment. The twists and turns of the bright, aqueous sounds danced with the inky man’s alto, coming together to create something that dazzled her ears and commanded her rapt attention. She had heard singing before, but she had never heard music.

Eleuthera couldn’t help but note how, almost immediately after she stepped forward to pass on her adulation, the man’s energy and voice seized up; it was almost visible as a prickle along his spine. Oh, shoot! She hadn’t meant to surprise him, but it was like waking up a sleepwalker: there was no gentle way of doing it. However, Eleuthera grimaced and kept her ears pressed tightly back as an act of silent deference towards the secret bard, but soon gave voice to her apology, as well.

“I wasn’t trying to hear," she explained, slowing her approach to a featherlight slink, and then nothing at all. “I couldn’t help but really enjoy it."

It was the truth, after all! She did not know this particular man’s story of why he was so reluctant to be heard singing, but it certainly wasn’t because he wasn’t talented.
“perhaps I trade you a tune?" the woman offered, hoping to turn this encounter into something lovely and positive. She was more desirous of friendship now than ever, seeing how close all the faeries of the court were. With a winsome smile and a perk of one downy, ashen ear she offered again.“Eye for an eye? Ear for an ear?" Eleuthera bit her lip, laughing internally — but perhaps such a laugh shone outwardly through her eyes, which sparkled good-naturedly.

sorry about the fast reply! how annoying of me, haha
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
annan water - by Sae - July 06, 2020, 07:41 PM
RE: annan water - by Eleuthera - July 06, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: annan water - by Sae - July 09, 2020, 10:25 AM
RE: annan water - by Eleuthera - July 09, 2020, 03:08 PM