Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

You.

Eleuthera took her bottom lip between her teeth and held it there as her tummy clenched and tail, which had been twitching in her wistfulness, fell motionless. Me? she responded within her own mind, unsure why this man — who appeared to be quite gallant and experienced and worldly in her book — would dedicate any space in his memory to her. It was one of Eleuthera’s greatest fears, that she would be glanced over and forgotten, which is often what drove her to charmingly befriend every wolf she met. Even when they were receptive, as most were, it was always met with surprise. I’m not useless, to you?

She wanted to say something back. Oh, her vocal chords strained under the pressure of the emotion she wished to convey. Eleuthera wanted to tell him that she would think of him too, but in the end, she waited just a moment too long and Kincaid drawled on in conversation — but her wildly beating heart kept its frenetic pace. 

He asked what it was like to be in a pack.
“I don’t really know, you know?" the woman thought out loud, really quite eloquently. Certainly the man hadn’t asked for what came next, and probably felt uncomfortable under the weight of her words, but there was something to this rambler that made her open and vulnerable and, most importantly, willing — she offered him her emotional wounds so that he might heal them with his words, or his perspective, or most effectively, his kisses. Eleuthera’s cheeks rushed hot at the thought and she, at long last, turned away from the endless expanse.

“I originally stayed with the court because they live amongst the willows… my willows." she grimaced. It was the only place she had ever felt an iota of ownership over. “but the faeries are growing on me. They remind me so much of my mothers, only different — fiery and unafraid. They all have each other, and they’re so cocksure about it. They want to protect the willows as much as I do." Eleuthera thought fondly of the Faeries she had met. Lumiya. Dante. Orlaith. Others that she had smelt in the den site, or smiled at them in passing.

Eleuthera took a breath. She didn’t know what it was like to be dedicated to a pack and love people as her own, but she did know what it was like to have a home.
“I guess it’s not just any pack. It’s my home, now that Séamus is gone. He used to be my home." The lilac woman still sat while he reclined, but her heart continued to flutter around in her chest, jumping up into her throat and causing a lightness in her belly — as if she could will the man to rise up and embrace her and place his lips upon hers and soothe the wild drumming of her body; bringing her back into balance once more, as she knew he could. It felt as if she needed it, or she might simply pass out from wanting. It was less of a romance thing and more of something she knew she needed, medically.

In the end, she did nothing more but send him thought wave after thought wave, while her mouth continued making words.
“But, i’m thinking you know how that feels," because he did. 
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 08:45 PM