Two Rivers Isle Made me into something new
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
As much as he wanted to reassure Effie, Rye wasn't entirely sure himself what they were to do winter. With Effies' inexperience and his own lack of experience, disaster wasn't simply a possibility but a guaranteed outcome. Rye could feel the weight of responsibility relaxing comfortably on his shoulders while a pit formed in his stomach. The anxiety swelled to his chest and wrung the air out of his lungs. He was panicking, scared out of his mind and visibly confused as to why he was losing control of himself. His eyes kept darting around as if an answer lied within the trees. Rye stood frozen for what felt like an eternity but in reality was only a handful of seconds. The feeling fled nearly as soon as it arrived leaving only a racing heart and a queezy stomach.

"Forgive me, I-" He stuttered, still deciding on what he should say. A moment more of gathering composure, "I overreacted to my own worries and concerns." He swallowed hard, shame and embarrassment encompassing his emotions. Rye took a step back, deliberately distancing himself from Effie to gain whatever it was his mind desperately craved. As his body calmed Rye was able to push (if allowed) the topic towards what it originally was. 

"I say we head to the Grove, our odds of survival are better with a pack than just us." He stated blankly. His eyes averted from Effie and remained anywhere but near her.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Made me into something new - by Effie - August 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 14, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - August 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 02, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 09, 2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 15, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 16, 2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 25, 2020, 12:53 AM